Sunday, January 10, 2010

10 on the 10th


I do enjoy rambling - occasionally I have a point I want to share, a memory I want to document, or use the opportunity to chronicle a new experience. But sometimes, I just need a chance to hang out in my own thoughts.

Thoughts
- remember those? I used to be a very educated woman who had many ideas to contribute to society. Now, I often can not be good for much more than suggestions on conquering diaper rash, recommendations for preschools, or advice on what toys a 7 year old might like to receive.

Have you noticed that once you enter mommyville - all conversations abruptly changes to children. Your children. Other people's children. Children.

Don't get me wrong - I am GUILTY. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

I spend my whole day with..........you guessed it, my kiddos.

Therefore, all of my life experiences currently relate to............you guessed it, my kiddos.

I came across this blog today with a writing prompt - 10 on the 10th. Think of it like English class - the writing prompt on the 10th of each month is to create a list of 10 - on anything you want.

So, here's my 10 on the 10th for January 2010:

10 Things I will accomplish in 2010 for me

1 - Write at least one blog post here each week that has nothing to do with my kids. Watch out readers........you might be about to find out more about me.

2 - Conquer my coke addiction - and make having a real coke an occasional treat, instead of a need to survive a day. (for those keeping up, today is day 7......yes, I am still counting)

3 -See real adult people and have real conversations twice a month. This will double my current night out of once a month.

4 - Introduce my children to locks - on bedroom doors, on bathroom doors. We are going to learn give our family members a little privacy and personal space.

5 - Write in my new prayer journal daily. Really pray often for those in need.

6 - Commit to having a date night with my husband - once a month would be grand, but every six weeks is my goal.

7 - Let it go. If it lives in our house, and I don't love it, use it, have to have it - let it go. I'm not going to save it for potential future use. I'm not going to continue to organize or move it. I'm going to let it go.

8 - Unplug. I don't have any problem limiting my children on their TV, video game, or computer time. But, I struggle with limiting myself. 2010 I will unplug too.

9 - Read. I considered taking the 52 into 52 challenge (read 52 books in 52 weeks). But, really......I don't need anything else on my "to do" list. I love to read - reading is not, nor has it ever been a chore for me. This year I will make time to read - when I am not soo tired that my eyes close on every other page.

10 - Be generous. I have generous thoughts...........I'm lacking on the follow through. In 2010, my goal is to actually do the kind deed that comes to mind. Follow through.

So, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment