Friday, April 16, 2010

Closing the Gap


That is me (my shadow).

Really.

I know - I was TOTALLY shocked too!

You probably aren't - because you're not in denial.

Over the last few months I've been pondering this statement I heard recently - essentially the speaker said that we all have an image gap.

There is a gap between who we ARE and who we want people to THINK we are.

I would argue that there is probably a gap between who I AM and who I THINK I am.

What kind of mother do I think I am?

This week I went to Moments for Moms at Bubbe's school. Moments for Mom is an annual art show - dinner, sharing of testimonies, and viewing Bubbe's art creations.

Bubbe wrote:

My mom likes to facebook.

Other people's children wrote "my mom likes to play with me," "my mom likes to tickle me," or "my mom likes to cook."

Poor Bubbe has the mom who likes to facebook.

I can tell you I didn't think I was the kind of mother whose son thought she loved facebook more than anything else.

Is there an image gap in your life??

Do share - I'll be updating my facebook status................

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think our next journal topic will be just that. Should be very interesting to see what my kids say about me. I'll be measuring my image gap after the entries are in! Maybe I should also post this as my facebook status and see what my friends say about me. Nothing like a self-imposed reality check every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete