Friday, March 2, 2012

21. You can ALWAYS count on us. Daddy and I will ALWAYS be here. Always.


  
What a child doesn't receive he can seldom later give.  ~P.D. James, Time to Be in Earnest

Pumpkin,
You've become extra clingy lately. Always touching Daddy or I, holding on tightly when we are out and about, or laying beside us when we are hanging out at home.

It reminds of the few months after you first learned to walk. 

You will toddle away from me, and within moments, come right back and want to be held. 

You wanted your independence. Your freedom.

But, you weren't sure. 

You also wanted the security that Daddy or I provide.

Here we go again - I see it coming.

You go on playdates. To sleepovers. To scout meetings.

You go places without us now.

But just like those toddling years - you come right back, and you hold on tightly.

I'm holding on tightly too.

For now, for me, please keep coming right back and holding on tightly. 

We will always be here for you.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment