Saturday, March 3, 2012

31. There is no such thing as being too polite.

Manners 

“Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everytime I look at that Aero-Smith Mickey on your bed, I smile.

You were so sick for about 24 hours on our trip - and such an awesome sport about it. When Sweet Daddy and Pumpkin went on to the parks for the day - you didn't whine or complain. You crawled up into bed with me and we snuggled through disney films together. 

When we finally recovered, the first park we hit was Hollywood Studios. This is the first time you have been old enough to ride Rockin Roller Coaster.

You love roller coasters. 

You love loud music.

You love fast moving transportation!

When you came off that ride for the first time, you had a smile on your face from ear to ear. You kept telling me how it was the BEST ride ever. Over and over again. 

I bought you the little Aero-Smith Mickey to remember that moment, and for being such a trooper through the stomach virus. 

You must have thanked me a thousand times. 

Maybe a thousand and one. 

Buying that mickey mouse for you gave me such joy because you were so excited. And so gracious. And so grateful. 

There is no such thing as being too polite. You can never say too many pleases, or thank yous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment