Sunday, March 11, 2012

40. The choices you make shape who you are - and how people feel about you.

Choices
When one bases his life on principle, 99 percent of his decisions are already made.  ~Author Unknown

When we entered Hollywood Studios this day, I took off running to get in line to sign you up to fight Darth Vader - for Jedi Training School. (you and Sweet Daddy took off running for fast passes for Toy Story Mania).

You wore your best Darth Vader t-shirt. 

You were ready. We own scores of light sabers. You have had many light saber duals right here in our living room, in our back yard, on our trampoline. 

In your Jedi Training class, there was a young lad who was fascinated with all things Star Wars. Had his face painted special for the occasion. Answered the questions to all the trivia games correctly. He thought he was ready. He knew everything.

He darned his robe. Activated his light saber. 

And at the sight of Darth Vader, was done with Jedi Training school. 

This young lad did not have the confidence, nor courage that day to fight Darth Vader. 

It reminded me of the first time you attended jedi training school. I could tell you were a little nervous when the smoke appeared and Vader's voice could be heard. But you, you stayed. 

Even when things are a little scary, you stay. 

Being a person who stays when the going gets tough - that's a character trait that I admire in you. It says you follow through. It says that you will always be there - good times or bad times.

Yoda or Darth Vader.

You stay.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog (thanks Pinterest!)and I love it!!! I couldn't stop reading last night, then I became even more intrigued with 1 little word...."coach". I'm a fb cw. What sport does your coach, coach? :) If your a fb cw & go to convention, I look forward to meeting you in Nashville!

    *I tried to pm you this for privacy reasons, but couldn't find a way to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to save this for your son. Give it to him on graduation day. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete