Saturday, March 24, 2012

52. "Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

Dancing is moving to the music without stepping on anyone's toes, pretty much the same as life.  ~Robert Brault

  You, my Pumpkin, know how to dress for a party.

You picked out your dress, shoes, and accessories WEEKS before this party. In fact, you chose them the day you got the invitation. 

You chose those high heel red shoes. 

Not because they matched.

Not because they were comfortable (which is how I choose my shoes).

But, no. 

You chose them because you loved them. 

You wore them with great pride, with a huge smile across your face. 

There's something about your favorite pair of shoes. 

Mine, currently, are a grey pair of converse tennis shoes. I smile everytime I wear them. I love them.

For me, they bring back memories. I had the same pair of tennis shoes in the 8th grade. They remind me of friends that have come and gone. They remind me of the day I bought them - on the same trip as we bought Bubbe's most interesting cowboy/motorcycle boots complete with chains. 

This picture makes me smile because as soon as Cinderella began to dance with the prince at the ball - you all stood up and danced with your baby dolls.

I can assure you that there wasn't a mother in the room who wasn't thinking there aren't many more years before you will be dancing with your prince at your own wedding. 

But for now, my dear princess, dance away with your sweet dolls.

And never quit dancing with your daddy.

For with the right shoes, you can dance anywhere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment