Saturday, April 21, 2012

62. Wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. I mean it.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  ~Henry David Thoreau

Bubbe, I'm afraid that you got your father's fair skin. The sight of the sun, turns your cheeks pink and your ears red. 

Year round, I am constantly slathering your skin with sun screen.

And your skin is sensitive - not just any old store brand sun screen will do - it has to be a very special, hypo allergenic, made for babies only, sunscreen.

Actually seems to be a good metaphor for you in general.

You look all tough and big and grown these days.

But, really, your the sweetest, most tender, *almost* eight year old boy I know. 

So, while you may think you're getting all grown up, remember this about yourself - Wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.

I mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment