Saturday, April 21, 2012

63. Be a good sport. Party poopers are no fun - for themselves or others.

Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

When I printed pictures the other day for your Coastal Georgia project, you wanted me to get you a copy of this print.

I thought you wanted to use it on your backboard - as you did various other pictures of our trip.

When the time came to glue pictures down, I handed you this picture.

You said, "Not that one. I'm framing that one for my room."

Daddy's girl.

Yes you are.

You don't love fishing. 

In fact, I think you have a similar regard to fishing as you do for baseball - it's hot, it's long, and it's boring.

That day on the boat, you didn't complain one time. You never asked "how much longer?" or "when will it be over?" (as you have on many other trips). 

I was proud of you - for the good of everyone, you hung in there. You fished. You rode in the boat. You ate snacks. 

You were a good sport.

Always be a good sport. Party poopers are no fun - for themselves or others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment