Saturday, May 19, 2012

81. The heart is the strongest muscle in the body. Use it.


Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.
Anonymous


 We celebrated Rylan's first birthday this year.

This was such an emotional day for me. 

I remember the day your Nana called to tell us Rylan had been born. 

It was a day of great uncertainty.  

I was honored that your Uncle Brian took me back to meet Rylan that day - in the NICU. He was so tiny, though he looked like the NICU bully, being so much larger than most of the other babies. He was surrounded by machines.

But I knew the moment I saw him, that I would love him forever. He holds a special place in my heart.

And, yours too Pumpkin.

From the time we knew that your Uncle Brian and Aunt Beth were expecting, you prayed for their baby. You wrote a slip for the prayer wall each week at church for their baby. Steadily.

At the time I thought it was sweet that you were so concerned for your Uncle Brian, who you have always adored.

Now, I see that Rylan needed each of those prayers. And continues to need the prayers we say for him daily. 

You love him in a special way, just like me. I can see it in your eyes when you see him.

The heart is the strongest muscle in the body. You love fiercely with yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment