Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Fairy Tales

"The extraordinary things happen nowhere else but in the everyday and today can always be the beginning"
I take my Sunday sermon notes in my Bible. I will confess, Sweet Daddy gave me money to buy a new Bible for my birthday and I just can't bring myself to do it. When I open my Bible during service to the passage, I'm having trouble finding places to write the current notes. Today I wrote in the front cover because most of my pages in Acts were already written on in the margins.
I've been thinking a lot this week about where I am in my journey - my health, my family, my spiritual adventure.
I think I'm waiting to hear His voice. On all accords.
Which makes me wonder - what am I doing while I'm waiting?
Each night after I tuck in the wee one, I scroll Timehop. Timehop and I have a bitter sweet relationship. I'm reminded of all the beautiful moments- and I'm also reminded of what isn't in my timehop. The moments I've missed.
I was thinking today - the best can't be in the past.
"Because God’s writing your story and He never leaves you alone in your story, and His perfect love absorbs all your fear and His perfect grace carries all your burdens, and your story is a happily ever after because Christ bought your happily ever after so you always know how this story ends:
You’re going to be okay."
But maybe I'm waiting for Him to say it?
I'm doing BIG things every day but they seem small. They are small by the world's standards. But they feel big for me.
Mama Warriors - those small things you are doing- they are the BIG things. Some days all we can ask of ourselves is to ask God to help us believe that He is at work.
The Peanut is big into fairy tales right now - I like the idea that we are all getting our happily ever after. Our fairy tale may look more like one of those scary Disney rewrites some days, but I like to believe it's ending old school style. Living forever with our King.


No comments:

Post a Comment