Saturday, August 13, 2016

Savor

"Seeking with all of your heart requires more than just the routine Christian good girl checklist."
Enough.
I think moms spend the majority of the early mom years chasing this elusive "enough." It's always just out of reach.
I would be happier, more fulfilled if only ______________.
The answer to that blank is our elusive enough.
I think what you fill in that blank with is your idol. If you would be happier with more money, your idol is materialism. If you would be happier if your relationships were better, your idol is what others think of you.
We have to replace that blank with His truth.
Our "enough" has to be our relationship with Jesus. Has to be.
"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Col 3:12
"I must continue to pursue truth that keeps me grounded and God's love that keeps me filled."
Truth that keeps me grounded. Love that keeps me filled.
We have to CHOOSE to live in the moment WITH God. Here and now. Now waiting for our elusive enough.
My word for 2016 is "Savor." I'm choosing to be grateful every day for my enough. For my here and now.
Mama Warriors, We are just a few weeks into the school year here, and just starting to really kick into the depth of our curriculum. And I'm already feeling the stress of that. The need to be "enough" for my kids - as their mom, their teacher, their taxi driver. If my "enough" lies in my kids, we are going to always have a rough time. So much pressure for a kid to be my "enough." My enough must come from Him. My well must be filled from Him. I must model for my kids that they are enough IN Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment